- Lifetime Acupuncture1600 Deer Park Avenue
Deer Park, NY, 11729
Mon 8AM to 8:30PM Tue 8AM to 8:30PM Wed 8AM to 8:30PM Thu 8AM to 8:30PM Fri 8AM to 8:30PM Sat 8AM to 8:30PM
Share this page:
Acupuncture offers many benefits to boost your health. Acupuncture may also reduce the physical and emotional daily stress we all go through in Long Island’s busy life style.
Here is a quick look at 10 benefits we offer at Lifetime Acupuncture:
1. Reduced Stress
2. Reduced Back Pain, Neck Tension and Relieve Joint Pain in the Hands and Arms
3. Relief from Headaches
4. Reduced Eye Strain
5. Improved Immune System and Reduced Sick Days
6. Enhanced Mental Clarity and Increased Energy
7. Relief from Digestive Conditions
8. Allergy Relief
9. Reduced Cigarette Craving
10. Fewer Injuries on the Body Due to Repetitive Strain
What to consider when searching good Acupuncture Clinic Near You:
Like anything else you search on or offline, finding a good or the best acupuncturist near you, has its own challenges. Below are some tips we always recommend our own clients, family and friends:
1. Get Referrals from family and friends. The best way to know that an acupuncturist and the acupuncture clinic will be a caring one is to get referrals from family and friends. Their experience will take many questions out of your mind and will give you the confidence you need before you walk into a new clinic.
2. Acupuncture License: Verify that the acupuncturist you will see is licensed. While only licensed acupuncturists in New York State can practice by law, it is a good idea to ask whether he or she has acupuncture license. We always remind our patients that.
3. Expertise: Ask around and check online what kind of conditions are treated by your acupuncturists. Acupuncture is great for many conditions such as lower back pain, sciatica, head ache, migraines, pediatric acupuncture, knee pain, digestive issues, Bell ’s palsy, upper back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, foot pain, arthritis, infertility, insomnia, anxiety, stress, weight loss and great for a preventive care.
4. Clean and Relax Office Settings: Make sure that the clinic you are being treated is clean and relaxing.
5. Convenience: Your practitioner’s location and schedule are of primary importance, especially for time intensive therapies.
Acupuncture for Back Pain
It is an alarming fact that 8 out of 10 Americans will experience back pain problems sometime in their life.
Back pain is more common in women than men. Nearly third of women experience back pain compared to quarter of males.
Over 30% of men acknowledges back pain impact their work compared to 20 % of women.
9 out of 10 patients never know the cause of their back pain.
The good news is, Acupuncture is one of the most effective treatments for back pain and it is also the #1 reason for people to look for acupuncture treatments. Many patients have reported complete healing or great improvement to their lower, upper or middle back pain issues with acupuncture treatments.
Guidelines from the American Pain Society and American College of Physicians say doctors should consider acupuncture as an alternative therapy for patients with chronic low-back pain that’s not helped by conventional treatment.
Acupuncture involves inserting very thin, sterile needles at specific points on the body. These points that are connected by what’s called energy meridians, are stimulated through acupuncture needles and provides stagnant energy to flow normally. This provides the body to heal the underlying cause of pain.
Have you seen the latest UFC shows on FOX TV? If you have, you will see that more and more highly skilled fighters are integrating acupuncture into their routine care. UFC athletes are using acupuncture for both proactively to get ready for their fights and for recovery after their fights. In either situation acupuncture has been known to be very effective.
In Chinese philosophy, yin and yang are the two polar that complement each other. For the UFC athlete, yin can be thought of rest and recovery while yang relates to competing and performing. You could also think of the training period to yin and competition and “game day” to yang. Acupuncture can be incorporated for both of these components of the athletic experience.
Everyone agrees that these highly skilled UFC fighters get better but putting many hours of hard work in the gym every day. However regular acupuncture treatments would be beneficial in may ways. One benefit is to treat specific points at the different areas of the muscles and tendons to prevent injuries that can disrupt the training schedule. Another benefit of acupuncture for the athletes would be to have their immune and digestion systems stronger and healthier. Strong immune and digestion would increase the performance during fight.
Did You Know That?
- Acupuncture needles DON’T HURT as much as people fear or imagine. Thin acupuncture needles are almost same or less felt than a mosquito bites in most cases.
- Before stainless steel needles that used in today’s acupuncture practices, very first acupuncturist used to work with thorns, bamboo slivers, and sharpened bone to stimulate acupuncture points.
- The oldest acupuncture needles were made of bronze, copper, tin, gold and silver. Oldest needles found date back to A.D. 600.
- Stainless steel was discovered in 4th Century A.D in China and became the most commonly used material since steel was strong and could make very thin needles.
- Waichi Sugiyama – a gifted blind Japanese acupuncturist invented the guide tube in 17th This was the biggest step in the development of much finer needles
- Today’s acupuncture are made of stainless steel of a very fine diameter (approximately 0.015″). These are prepackaged, sterilized, disposable and one time use only.
- Acupuncture needles were accepted by U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1995 as medical instruments, stating their safety and effectiveness.
- Acupuncturists look at your body as a whole and treat root cause of the complain rather than masking the symptoms.
- Acupuncturists can assess your overall health by checking your pulse and look at your tongue.
- Acupuncture treatments are different for each individual. Every person will have their own treatment plan based on complete diagnosis performed by their acupuncturists.
- The World Health Organization endorsed acupuncture for over two hundred symptoms and diseases – low back pain, seasonal allergies, headache, nausea, vomiting, allergic rhinitis, depression, anxiety, side effects of chemotherapy and induction of labor to name a few.