- Lifetime Acupuncture & Wellness Center1600 Deer Park Avenue
Deer Park, NY, 11729P: 631-392-1224
Clinic HoursMon8AM to 8:30PMTue8AM to 8:30PMWed8AM to 8:30PMThu8AM to 8:30PMFri8AM to 8:30PMSat8AM to 8:30PM
Acupuncture is an ancient Chinese medicine technique that has been used for centuries to alleviate pain and improve overall health. At Lifetime Acupuncture in Deer Park, Long Island, Hatice Daspinar, D.Ac., L.Ac., Dipl.Ac., MBA. uses this technique to help individuals suffering from back pain.
Back pain is a common issue that affects many people, and it can be caused by a variety of factors, including poor posture, injury, and degenerative conditions. Acupuncture is an effective way to alleviate back pain as it targets the root cause of the problem, rather than just masking the symptoms.
During an acupuncture session, thin needles are inserted into specific points on the body, known as acupoints. These needles stimulate the body’s natural healing response, promoting blood flow and reducing inflammation. This results in pain relief and improved function.
At Lifetime Acupuncture in Deer Park, Long Island, we serve the Suffolk County community with great acupuncture place. Our team of experienced acupuncturists will work with you to develop a personalized treatment plan that addresses your specific needs. We take a holistic approach to care, addressing not just your physical symptoms but also your emotional and spiritual well-being.
In addition to acupuncture, we also offer other therapies like cupping, moxibustion and Tui-Na massage to enhance the healing process.
If you’re suffering from back pain, don’t let it control your life. Visit Lifetime Acupuncture in Deer Park, Long Island, and see how Hatice Daspinar, D.Ac., L.Ac., Dipl.Ac., MBA. can help you find relief.
Acupuncture offers many benefits to boost your health. Acupuncture may also reduce the physical and emotional daily stress we all go through in Long Island’s busy life style.
Here is a quick look at 10 benefits we offer at Lifetime Acupuncture:
1. Reduced Stress
2. Reduced Back Pain, Neck Tension and Relieve Joint Pain in the Hands and Arms
3. Relief from Headaches
4. Reduced Eye Strain
5. Improved Immune System and Reduced Sick Days
6. Enhanced Mental Clarity and Increased Energy
7. Relief from Digestive Conditions
8. Allergy Relief
9. Reduced Cigarette Craving
10. Fewer Injuries on the Body Due to Repetitive Strain
What to consider when searching good Acupuncture Clinic Near You:
Like anything else you search on or offline, finding a good or the best acupuncturist near you, has its own challenges. Below are some tips we always recommend our own clients, family and friends:
1. Get Referrals from family and friends. The best way to know that an acupuncturist and the acupuncture clinic will be a caring one is to get referrals from family and friends. Their experience will take many questions out of your mind and will give you the confidence you need before you walk into a new clinic.
2. Acupuncture License: Verify that the acupuncturist you will see is licensed. While only licensed acupuncturists in New York State can practice by law, it is a good idea to ask whether he or she has acupuncture license. We always remind our patients that.
3. Expertise: Ask around and check online what kind of conditions are treated by your acupuncturists. Acupuncture is great for many conditions such as lower back pain, sciatica, head ache, migraines, pediatric acupuncture, knee pain, digestive issues, Bell ’s palsy, upper back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, foot pain, arthritis, infertility, insomnia, anxiety, stress, weight loss and great for a preventive care.
4. Clean and Relax Office Settings: Make sure that the clinic you are being treated is clean and relaxing.
5. Convenience: Your practitioner’s location and schedule are of primary importance, especially for time intensive therapies.
Acupuncture for Back Pain
It is an alarming fact that 8 out of 10 Americans will experience back pain problems sometime in their life.
Back pain is more common in women than men. Nearly third of women experience back pain compared to quarter of males.
Over 30% of men acknowledges back pain impact their work compared to 20 % of women.
9 out of 10 patients never know the cause of their back pain.
The good news is, Acupuncture is one of the most effective treatments for back pain and it is also the #1 reason for people to look for acupuncture treatments. Many patients have reported complete healing or great improvement to their lower, upper or middle back pain issues with acupuncture treatments.
Guidelines from the American Pain Society and American College of Physicians say doctors should consider acupuncture as an alternative therapy for patients with chronic low-back pain that’s not helped by conventional treatment.
Acupuncture involves inserting very thin, sterile needles at specific points on the body. These points that are connected by what’s called energy meridians, are stimulated through acupuncture needles and provides stagnant energy to flow normally. This provides the body to heal the underlying cause of pain.
Have you seen the latest UFC shows on FOX TV? If you have, you will see that more and more highly skilled fighters are integrating acupuncture into their routine care. UFC athletes are using acupuncture for both proactively to get ready for their fights and for recovery after their fights. In either situation acupuncture has been known to be very effective.
In Chinese philosophy, yin and yang are the two polar that complement each other. For the UFC athlete, yin can be thought of rest and recovery while yang relates to competing and performing. You could also think of the training period to yin and competition and “game day” to yang. Acupuncture can be incorporated for both of these components of the athletic experience.
Everyone agrees that these highly skilled UFC fighters get better but putting many hours of hard work in the gym every day. However regular acupuncture treatments would be beneficial in may ways. One benefit is to treat specific points at the different areas of the muscles and tendons to prevent injuries that can disrupt the training schedule. Another benefit of acupuncture for the athletes would be to have their immune and digestion systems stronger and healthier. Strong immune and digestion would increase the performance during fight.