- Lifetime Acupuncture1600 Deer Park Avenue
Deer Park, NY, 11729P: 631-392-1224
Clinic HoursMon8AM to 8:30PMTue8AM to 8:30PMWed8AM to 8:30PMThu8AM to 8:30PMFri8AM to 8:30PMSat8AM to 8:30PM
LIfetime Acupuncture is proud to announce that our own Hatice Daspinar has earned her Doctorate degree in Acupuncture from Five Branches Institute College of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Healing art of acupuncture has been used in Asia for centuries to treat various conditions, including pain relief. It is now being used more often than before in the United States to ease lower back pain, nerve pain such as sciatica, headaches and migraines, fibromyalgia, and menstrual cramps and many more pain related issues.
Acupuncture involves the insertion of extremely fine needles into the skin at specific “acupoints.” This relieves pain by releasing endorphins which are chemicals produced naturally by the nervous system to cope with pain or stres and serotonin which is an important chemical and neurotransmitter in the human body that is believed to help regulate mood and social behavior.
During the acupuncture session, Acupuncturist may choose to use different techniques by applying heat or electrical stimulation to intensify the effect of treatment.
Acupuncture needles are extremely thin, most patients don’t even feel the insertion. Due to some points being more sensitive, patients at times feel a very tiny pinch that’s nothing more than mosquito bite. Acupuncture needles are stainless steel and used only once and disposed after each treatment.
Acupuncture offers many benefits to boost your health. Acupuncture may also reduce the physical and emotional daily stress we all go through in Long Island’s busy life style.
Here is a quick look at 10 benefits we offer at Lifetime Acupuncture:
1. Reduced Stress
2. Reduced Back Pain, Neck Tension and Relieve Joint Pain in the Hands and Arms
3. Relief from Headaches
4. Reduced Eye Strain
5. Improved Immune System and Reduced Sick Days
6. Enhanced Mental Clarity and Increased Energy
7. Relief from Digestive Conditions
8. Allergy Relief
9. Reduced Cigarette Craving
10. Fewer Injuries on the Body Due to Repetitive Strain
What to consider when searching good Acupuncture Clinic Near You:
Like anything else you search on or offline, finding a good or the best acupuncturist near you, has its own challenges. Below are some tips we always recommend our own clients, family and friends:
1. Get Referrals from family and friends. The best way to know that an acupuncturist and the acupuncture clinic will be a caring one is to get referrals from family and friends. Their experience will take many questions out of your mind and will give you the confidence you need before you walk into a new clinic.
2. Acupuncture License: Verify that the acupuncturist you will see is licensed. While only licensed acupuncturists in New York State can practice by law, it is a good idea to ask whether he or she has acupuncture license. We always remind our patients that.
3. Expertise: Ask around and check online what kind of conditions are treated by your acupuncturists. Acupuncture is great for many conditions such as lower back pain, sciatica, head ache, migraines, pediatric acupuncture, knee pain, digestive issues, Bell ’s palsy, upper back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, foot pain, arthritis, infertility, insomnia, anxiety, stress, weight loss and great for a preventive care.
4. Clean and Relax Office Settings: Make sure that the clinic you are being treated is clean and relaxing.
5. Convenience: Your practitioner’s location and schedule are of primary importance, especially for time intensive therapies.
Acupuncture for Back Pain
It is an alarming fact that 8 out of 10 Americans will experience back pain problems sometime in their life.
Back pain is more common in women than men. Nearly third of women experience back pain compared to quarter of males.
Over 30% of men acknowledges back pain impact their work compared to 20 % of women.
9 out of 10 patients never know the cause of their back pain.
The good news is, Acupuncture is one of the most effective treatments for back pain and it is also the #1 reason for people to look for acupuncture treatments. Many patients have reported complete healing or great improvement to their lower, upper or middle back pain issues with acupuncture treatments.
Guidelines from the American Pain Society and American College of Physicians say doctors should consider acupuncture as an alternative therapy for patients with chronic low-back pain that’s not helped by conventional treatment.
Acupuncture involves inserting very thin, sterile needles at specific points on the body. These points that are connected by what’s called energy meridians, are stimulated through acupuncture needles and provides stagnant energy to flow normally. This provides the body to heal the underlying cause of pain.