Almost 80 out of every 100 people will experience back pain at some point in their life. Back pain is causing many people to look for medical options. It is reported acupuncture is most searched for back pain. It is also reported that back pain is one of the most effective conditions Acupuncture can help with.
There are many researches on effectiveness of Acupuncture. However a recent review of 22 acupuncture studies showed that it provided short-term relief from chronic back pain. It also showed there was greater improvement in pain for people who got acupuncture compared to those who received a “sham” treatment. Other studies have found, though, that sham acupuncture can be as effective as actual acupuncture. Those studies also found that, compared to standard treatment, both actual acupuncture and sham acupuncture are more effective.
How Acupuncture Works on Back Pain:
Chinese medicine is a 5000 years old healing modality. Acupuncture involves inserting ultimately thin needles at strategic points of the body. These points are connected by pathways called meridians, which create a flow of energy called Qi (pronounced “chee”). Stimulating these points corrects the imbalance of qi and improve the flow of energy.
Acupuncture simulates the nervous system. This Simulation causes body to release beneficial chemicals into the muscles, spinal cord, and brain. These natural chemicals either alter the experience of pain or produce bodily changes that promote a sense of well-being.
Acupuncture also help by:
- Triggering body to generate more endorphins which kills pain.
- By boosting body’s immune system to work efficiently.
- Triggering the release of natural opioids. Opioids reduces pain and provides sound sleep.
Have you recently injured yourself during sport event or regular exercise in gym and you want a natural and efficient approach that will speed up your recovery?
Acupuncture can help greatly by improving the blood flow will stimulate your body’s natural healing ability and allow you to get back to work sooner.
If you are a professional athlete who wants to improve his or her strength and endurance, acupuncture can help by making sure your tissues and main muscle groups are properly nourished, and by relieving muscle stiffness at the same time.
More and more athletes are turning to Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) to relax their body before their game and for recovery after events. An image had gone viral in 2016 Olympics with Michael Phelps having many big red spots on his back which was result of his Cupping Therapy which another amazing therapy provided by TCM with the same principals of Acupuncture.
Many UFC champions are now sharing acupuncture as part of their preparation and recovery routine.
7 Amazing Ways Acupuncture help patients with their health:
- Ease the frequency and severity of hot flashes during menopause.
- Help increase your energy by causing your body to release endorphin.
- Help with weight loss.
- Decrease the stress level and lower blood pressure.
- Help greatly with digestive issues such as Acid Reflux.
- Greatly help with pain management.
- Help with Anxiety and Depression.
3 Reasons to Get Dad an Acupuncture Session for Father’s Day June 10, 2016
Father’s Day is right around the corner, and that means it’s time to start thinking about what to get Dad this year. Giving him an acupuncture session is a great way to show how much you care because it means you’re thinking about his well-being. At Lifetime Acupuncture in Deer Park, NY, they practice Chinese medicine and provide cupping therapy, stress therapy, and acupuncture.
Here are three ways Dad will benefit from visiting an acupuncturist:
- Reduces Stress: When performed correctly, acupuncture stimulates the production of endorphins, a feel-good hormone that lowers stress levels. Parents have a lot to stress about; help your dad relax by sending him to Lifetime Acupuncture. Because of its relaxing effects, acupuncture also leads to better sleep quality, which leads to an overall better quality of life.
- Assists Weight Management: Researchers have conducted various studies and found that, though acupuncture alone might not be enough to help people lose weight, it increases the effects of eating well and exercising regularly. Studies have shown that it also helps to soothe heartburn. Since it gets progressively harder to keep weight off as we age, getting Dad an acupuncture session to boost his efforts is a great way to show your support.
- Strengthens Immune System: A study originally published in Evidence Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine found that acupuncture increases the body’s production of certain immune cells that ward off cancer. That means the effects of acupuncture are beneficial long after the session itself has ended. It truly is the gift that keeps on giving!
If you want to show Dad just how much you care this year, get him an acupuncture session from Lifetime Acupuncture in Deer Park, NY. Check out our website to learn more about the various Chinese medicine procedures they offer, and call (631) 392-1224 to talk to an acupuncturist today.